Saturday, February 7, 2009

Last Thoughts on this Phase

Tomorrow we board a plane at Amman International that will take us to Bangkok via Abu Dhabi. A big part of me cannot wait to get to Thailand. Jordan is a great place: an excellent vacation spot for those who like to hike, to check out amazing scenery and eat pretty nice Middle Eastern fare. It was so refreshing to finally be able to talk to men, and not have them ignore me completely or respond to Tom (unlike in Egypt).

Really I am looking forward to wearing shorts and tank tops, eating great food, and exercising; and we'll be doing a whole lot of that. We've enrolled ourselves in a month-long thai boxing camp beginning February 16th in Phuket. So right after we spend our first Valentine's Day together in the same place, we'll head over to start working out six hours a day. I know it is going to hurt like mad, especially after taking it easy for the past four months, but both of us are very excited. Another bonus is the fact that I have a kitchen at my disposal.

We'll head back to the Middle East for Summer (our plane tickets are booked for the 8th of May, but we are now looking at an extention of who knows how long) in time for the heat, but the next few months will be spent in Asia.

3 comments:

drummer boy said...

Hi Katie and Tom: Gary Day and I enjoyed reading your blog spot. I'm in Oakville over the weekend after week long meetings in the AMEC Oakville office.

LeeAnne flew in last night and is staying at Wayne and Lynn's. We're about to head to their place for supper. I'm looking forward to seeing Uncle Bob and Aunt Flo.

Enjoy Thailand.

Stay safe.

Dad

mommybird said...

Super cool to hear of your plans! I hope we can meet up in Thailand! Miss you guys! xo

Nicole said...

Hey girl - Happy Valentine's Day!! Glad you get to spend it with your sweetie :) Thai boxing sounds both fantastic and painful - have fun!

BTW finally got my webcam and Skype account set up so once you get settled perhaps we can set up a chat!
xoxo